Call Us : (909)-766-1994

After A Crash, Make Sure You Claim For Lost Wages

After A Crash, Make Sure You Claim For Lost Wages
Christian J. Amendt

After a serious collision, one thing that you may be worried about is lost wages. When you have a new disability or cannot work, it’s clear that you’re going to be missing out on your wages. Your spouse, who is now taking care of you, may be losing wages as well.

Both of those situations need to be considered when you file a claim against a driver who struck you. If you’ve lost wages because of the accident or now earn less than you did in a previous job as a result of being unable to return to work, you can ask that the at-fault driver provides you with compensation.

As a part of your personal injury claim, you should make sure you know how your wages have been affected. You’ll need to provide information to support your claim. For instance, you can provide your attorney with:

  • Paystubs
  • Tax records
  • Accounting records

All of these documents will help prove what you used to earn as well as what you will no longer be able to earn. For example, if you get a new job that pays $10 an hour less than your old job, it is only fair to ask that the driver covers the difference in what you are now losing out on. They should cover past losses, current losses and expected future losses as well.

A crash can have devastating effects, but they don’t have to result in financial struggles. You can pursue compensation and seek a fair settlement or award through the court. Your attorney will work closely with you to make sure you get what you need out of your claim.

Recent Posts