Call Us : (909)-766-1994

Are My Motor Vehicle Accidents Covered By Insurance?

Are My Motor Vehicle Accidents Covered By Insurance?
Christian J. Amendt

What, exactly, does your car insurance generally cover? California residents often worry after being involved in motor vehicle accidents that their insurance will not pay for certain events. Instead of worrying about whether you are covered, close communication with your insurance company – and even a little bit of research – can give you the peace of mind you need. Here, we talk about the events that are generally covered by insurance policies.

What if I have been hurt in a hit-and-run? Your insurance may pay for your injuries or damage to your car if you are involved in a hit-and-run. These accidents occur because of the negligence of another, but they are exacerbated by the fleeing party who is attempting to avoid paying medical expenses and other costs for the victim. Uninsured and underinsured motorist policies are particularly helpful in these situations.

What if I get in a wreck, and the driver is not the owner of the car? You could still be entitled to financial compensation through the insurance policy of the vehicle’s owner. This may depend on the specifics of the vehicle owner’s policy. You may also be able to recover damages directly from the driver of the car.

What if I have questions about the coverage offered by my own insurance company? You have the right to know what the future holds after you have been affected by the negligence of another. Finding the answers after an accident that caused pain and suffering and the buildup of medical expenses in California can seem difficult. However, enlisting the help of a team of qualified attorneys can help you work more effectively to get the money you need and deserve from the insurance companies.

Source: Allstate, “Car Insurance Frequently Asked Questions,” March 31, 2017