Call Us : (909)-766-1994

Most People Get Into Car Accidents

Most People Get Into Car Accidents
Christian J. Amendt

Have you never been in a car accident before? If so, count yourself lucky. You’re definitely in the minority in that regard. The truth is that most people get into accidents sooner or later.

Let’s break down some of the statistics. One study found that 77% of those who were asked had previously been involved in car crashes, leaving just 23% who said that it had never happened to them. No doubt some of those who said they had been in accidents had also caused them, while others had been hit through no fault of their own. What they all shared, though, was that they’d gotten into accidents at some point.

The older you are, the more likely it is that you will eventually be involved in a crash. Some estimates say that a crash happens to everyone, on average, every 17.9 years. While that average is dragged upward by those who crash more frequently — someone who is 40 and has been involved in 10 accidents, for instance — it still predicts that a crash will happen to most drivers by 34 years old.

In some senses, if you haven’t crashed yet, these statistics just tell you that it’s probably going to happen in the future. You need to be aware of the risk and never fall into the trap of thinking that that risk only applies to other people.

If you do get into an accident that is caused by another driver, you could find yourself facing serious medical bills, lost wages and many other costs. Be sure you know what steps you’ll need to take to seek financial compensation from that driver.

Recent Posts